Thursday, February 24, 2011

Why I decided to start a blog

To tell the truth, I never thought I would want to start a blog.  I have read a few blogs myself and even followed one for a while, but me, blog?  I am just way too busy to dedicate time to my own blog, right?  After all, I am the mother of 8 busy children ages 13 down to 17 months.  I homeschool 6 of them, with the youngest 2 along for the ride as well. We live on a small, 20-acre hobby farm in Texas, which adds the element of farm life to an already busy life.  Why in the world would I get myself into something like blogging?  

Last weekend, I attended Sally Clarkson's Wholehearted Mothers Conference in Irving, TX.  As I sat there, drinking in the encouragement, laughing, crying, and talking with other moms, I felt God stirring my heart, urging me to think of what I might do to encourage other moms. We heard from many lovely mothers at the conference, some of whom are bloggers. Many of these women are using their blogs to inspire and encourage others in their walk with the Lord. I often think that I have very little to offer. I struggle and stumble, fall down, pick myself up and keep on going, just like everyone else out there. I am just an ordinary mom. As I think about this, I hear God gently reminding me, it's not about me at all or my inadequacies and failures. It's all about HIM!!! My story is HIS story. I feel Him calling me to just share my story and be blessed myself in the sharing. As I write what He has done in my life, it is like the Israelites placing mounds of memorial stones at important places to remind them of God's faithfulness throughout their history. So, this blog will be a memorial to God's faithfulness in my life. Each post will be a new stone to add to the mound of remembrance. Its purpose will be to encourage and build *my* faith as I write and remember the big and the little things I see Him do in my life as I strive to do my best to live excellently and point my children to the ONE who loves them so much He would die for them. It is my memorial as I write and witness how He has shaped and molded me and my husband in our marriage of 16 years.

So this is my blog, my remembrance in honor of the ONE Who is faithful to give me LIFE, and LIFE in abundance!! (John 10:10) If others are blessed and encouraged through this blog, then all the better. Let the journey begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment