Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Do you ever feel desperate?


The reason I began blogging was to create a sort of chronicle of our life as well as to hopefully encourage others out there in their walks mothering, homemaking, and spiritual life.  Today I want to share a really awesome ministry that has encouraged me  over the last several years.  

As a mom, have you ever felt "desperate?"  Have you ever felt like things are out of control, like you can't do anything well, or like you can't even come up for air in the midst of your schedule, caring for your children, husband, and house?  Have you ever felt like just curling up under the covers and hiding there all day?  Have you ever thought or said the words, "I just can't be a mother today?"  I have had babies and toddlers in my house now for 15 1/2 years straight, and I have definitely had those days.  With my 9 precious children, I am in the very interesting position of having a baby, toddler, as well as teen aged children (and everything in between) in my home now.  I know a lot of people look to me for advice and answers to their questions.  The truth is that I have lots of ideas, lots of things I have done wrong and a few things I have done "right." I have felt very alone at times and still can have those lonely days, even with such a full house.  As moms, we need to know we are not alone.  We can reach out to others and listen for the voices of those who are reaching out to connect with us.  I love to be available to younger moms to encourage and mentor them in any way I can, and I also love meeting with older moms who have been down the path ahead of me and have raised their children well from whom I can glean wisdom.  Sometimes I get this kind of "mentoring" and encouragement from reading books by such moms.

This is why I am so excited about Sally Clarkson and Sarah Mae's new book, Desperate!  I have attended Sally's Moms' Conferences in Irving,TX for coming up on 10 years now, and I always come away refreshed and inspired in my high calling of motherhood.  The new book is available now!  Here is a link to the web site and a video about the new book:
http://desperatemom.com/

Even better, on Sally's blog right now there are a couple of very amazing giveaways, including a spa retreat and an exclusive mentoring weekend with both Sally Clarkson and Sarah Mae!!  I know I would love to win!!  Check it out:
http://www.itakejoy.com/celebrating-desperate-launch-and-grand-giveaways-mentoring-monday/

Right now I am leading a MomHeart group and we are going through Sally's last book, Dancing With My Father.  It is always such an encouraging time when we come together as moms to discuss the book and pray together.  If you live in or around Southwest Austin and are interested in joining our group, it is not too late!  We meet in SW Austin twice monthly on Sunday afternoons.  If you are interested, comment below or contact me via messaging on Facebook.  

I am purchasing my copy of Desperate today, and I'm planning to have our group go through this book together in the spring!  The book is extra cool because there are QR codes and links at the end of each chapter that lead to videos with Sarah Mae and Sally talking about the chapter.  If you can't join us for the discussion now on Dancing With My Father now, consider reading Desperate with us in the Spring, if you live in the Austin area.  I may do an online group for Desperate as well, if anyone out there who is not local would like to join in.  I'll post an invitation on my blog and on Facebook before we begin.

Praying that you will be encouraged in your walk with God today as you seek to know Him more and to "be still and know He is God!"  He will carry you through your desperate times and into a place of joy!!  Also know that you are never alone!--there are moms like you everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment