Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Day 28: It Doesn't Get Much Easier Than This!




I love easy, delicious meals!  Who doesn't??  The meal I made yesterday in the crockpot seemed way too easy to really taste good.  Well, it turned out to be Super tasty and a huge hit with the family!  We had a teeny bit left over, and the children made me divide it equally among them for lunch today.  I would even be proud to serve this to company over steamed rice with a green bean casserole and a nice salad on the side.

Three Ingredient Crockpot Turkey
Makes 6 servings (I, of course, doubled it)

1 frozen turkey breast, NOT thawed, bone-in (about 5 min) or boneless (about 3 pounds)
1 lb. can cranberry sauce 
1 envelope dry onion soup mix

Preparation:
For bone-in turkey, put all ingredients into 5-6 quart crockpot, cover, and cook for 2 hours on high.  Then reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 4-5 hours until turkey registers 170 degrees F on instant meat thermometer (or until meat is cooked through--I didn't check with a meat thermometer).  Note: I actually cooked this on high for 2 hours, then on low for 6 more hours, and it was perfectly cooked through.  

For boneless turkey breast, follow instructions above.  When you reduce the crockpot heat to low, start checking the turkey after 1-2 hours.  It may only need that long to reach 170 degrees.  As my previous note stated, if you want to just cook on low for several more hours, it isn't going to make it tough or anything.  The meat turned out perfect.  My meat was also a bit thawed, so that probably made a difference.  It was delicious!

To serve, slice turkey breast and serve with sauce over rice.  For a really nice full meal, serve with a steamed vegetable and salad on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment