Thursday, December 20, 2012

Day 29: BBQ Pork Loin--Super Simple and Delicious!


It's the holidays, and I've been going for the easy, minimal-ingredient variety of crock pot meals.  Yesterday, dinner was in the crockpot in literally one minute.  Super simple, super yummy--my mom (visiting from Miami) and the kids loved this.  I am cutting down on meat, so I ate mostly rice with the sauce and a huge helping of the green beans I steamed on the side.  The sauce was really good!  

Barbecued Pork
Makes 8 servings (I doubled and had leftovers enough to freeze for another meal)

2-lb. boneless pork loin
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 cup diet soda
1 cup low-sodium barbecue sauce

1. Place pork in slow cooker.  Combine all other ingredients in a bowl and then pour over pork.

2. Cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or until meat is very tender. 

3.  Remove pork from slow cooker.  Slice or shred pork.  Stir back into sauce. 

4.  Serve on wheat or multigrain buns.  Or serve over rice with steamed vegetables on the side.  

Variation: Add another 1/2 cup barbecue sauce in Step 1 to create a juicier sandwich filling.  

I hope you are all enjoying all the wonders of the Christmas season!  We are trying hard to focus on the Reason for the Season: Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment